Architects have a very unique knowledge and various experiences, and hence they are able to help you build an office or a home of your dreams. A good architect is someone who understands your needs and helps you in executing your plans by providing you with creative solutions and great ideas. However, the most important thing is the basics. Without the basics, the architecture of your commercial space cannot be executed the right way.
So here are the basics of architectural services that are initially important:
- Schematic design- Schematic design helps you to first build basic forms of building, which involves a lot of drawings and sketches. This helps you in developing floor plans, site plans, and building elevation. This helps architects in learning the complete description of building systems, its interiors, and exterior finishes, and the building site. It gives a basic design idea at this point.
- Design Development- After schematic design, you have a basic design that you can begin to refine. This is where you have to build a complete design for the commercial space as per the client’s requirements, durability, and price. You and your client sit together to decide tiles, deciding materials to be used, etc.
- Construction Administration- In construction administration, the architect works as the company representative and visits the site for material testing and regular inspections, to make sure that the contractor is building the space in the same way it is designed to be. The owner can be in touch with the architect to check the progress of the work. It is the architect’s job to make sure the work is carried on smoothly and built as decided.
- Negotiating with the Contractor- The architect is like the experienced spokesperson of their client. Since he has experience in the field and knows about the cost and expenses required to build a building. So, the architect should negotiate with the contractor about the prices and cost of construction. The experience and knowledge of an architect can be very helpful here.
- Interior designing- While some architectural companies provide in-house interior designers, there are some who do not. Hence, you need to hire one. In this regard, an architect can help you in hiring the best interior designer for your workspace.
Good architectural companies like Stendel Reich distribution center architects make sure to cover all the basics of architectural services to help you build your dream space.